From today, Smartmi offers a new smart humidifier that can be used to increase the humidity in the home. The small device is characterized by an evaporation instead of a vaporization mechanism. In addition, there are no consumables in the design of the Smartmi Evaporative Humidifier 3. So you don't have to buy any filters, cartridges or other components. With a capacity of 5 liters, the device also promises a long service life without constant refilling. But the same is very easy and can be done without disassembling. In the following you will find further information and usage instructions for the new Smartmi offer.
Chapter in this post:
Specifications of the Smartmi Evaporative Humidifier 3
The new Smartmi Evaporative Humidifier 3 does not add the required humidity to the room air via evaporation and a corresponding mist emission. Rather, a roller with lamellae is used, which ensures a large surface and thus natural evaporation. The same is supported by an air flow that is directed over the lamella roller. I have summarized other important data about the device for you here:
- Manufacturer: Smartmi
- Product Name: Evaporative Humidifier 3
- Device type: humidifier
- Model number: CJXJSQ05ZM
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 40,5 x 26 x 26 cm
- Weight (without water): 5,4 kg
- Water release: natural diffusion assisted by surface area maximization, accelerated by a mini fan inside the device
- LED display: Display of humidity percentage, running program, WLAN connection, water level indicator and other information
- Noise level: ≤50dB, depending on the program selected
- Internal pump: pumps water for just one minute per hour into an intermediate tank, from which the lamellae of the roller are wetted
- Maximum water delivery: 350 ml/h
- Water tank capacity: approx. 5 liters (enough for approx. 14 hours in the highest program)
- Recommended room size: up to 50 m²
- Water level indicator: Viewing window on the side of the device
- Voice control: via Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Yandex Alice
- App control (also Apple devices): Mi Home App
- Smart home pairing: can be used in conjunction with other Smartmi devices such as heaters, fans and air purifiers
- Safety mechanisms: Auto-off when the water level is too low; Auto-off when water tank is removed
- Cleaning: self-cleaning program and removable individual parts for manual cleaning
- Drying: the drying program is automatically activated when the water level is low to prevent bacterial growth
- Information and pictures: Manufacturer Website
The different humidifier mechanisms
Relatively well-known are so-called because of their visual conspicuousness atomizer. These serve to atomize the water into small droplets and blow them into the room air. While older models used rotating discs and screens, more modern devices use ultrasound, pressure pumps and nozzles. The standing water in the tanks of water sprayers means that bacteria can multiply faster than in other types of devices.
A second type are the steam humidifiers or vaporizer Although these ensure the elimination of bacterial herds by boiling the water, they also consume a lot of energy for this process. They can also overshoot and release too much moisture into the air. In cooler rooms, this can then condense and lead to the formation of mould. In addition, the devices and the escaping steam can be very hot, which poses a risk of injury.
The Smartmi Evaporative Humidifier 3 is the third type, a Verdunster. Evaporators bring several advantages with them. In addition to the comparatively low energy consumption, they ensure controlled air humidification with little or no risk of overhumidification thanks to the natural diffusion process. In addition, there are no aerosols, which prevents bacteria in the water from contaminating the air. However, regular cleaning and the use of distilled or sterilized water is recommended to prevent water contamination.
Using the new Smartmi Evaporative Humidifier 3
Smartmi's new water vaporizer is extremely easy to use. After assembly, water is poured through the grid on top of the unit. A viewing window on the side of the device shows how full the water tank is. A "Max" marking shows the water level up to which it can be refilled. By the way, the use of filtered water is recommended. In addition to distilled water from the drugstore, you can also use cold water from the tap that has passed through a limescale filter.
The water is then regularly pumped into an intermediate tank, through which the roller with the corrugated lamellae rotates. The thin film of water that forms in this way diffuses into the air. This is done by a Fan accelerated in the Smartmi Evaporative Humidifier 3. This also ensures that the air humidified in this way flows out of the top of the device and is distributed in the room. Various programs can be selected via voice control, the display or the Mi Home app - including a quiet night program.
The constant movement of the water and the use of clean and, if necessary, filtered water makes it more difficult for bacteria and fungi to form and multiply. Nevertheless, the Smartmi Evaporative Humidifier 3 should be cleaned every now and then. It can be disassembled and reassembled in just a few simple steps. To prevent limescale deposits, you should definitely filter hard water. Alternatively, you should consider frequent cleaning, especially if there is a high level of limescale.
Summary of the new Smartmi Evaporative Humidifier 3
From today the new water vaporizer Evaporative Humidifier 3 from Smartmi is on sale. With this device, the manufacturer relies on ease of use as well as all other advantages that are used with this type of humidifier. The integration into the Smart Home not only enables simple and clean air humidification, but also voice control, app control and coupling with other Smartmi devices. All in all, a practical offer for everyone for whom the room air is too dry and who, for example, B. are looking for a solution to create a more pleasant indoor climate for the upcoming winter.
[On vacation] After graduating from high school, Johannes completed training as a business assistant specializing in foreign languages. But then he decided to research and write, which led to his independence. He has been working for Sir Apfelot, among others, for several years now. His articles include product introductions, news, instructions, video games, consoles and much more. He follows Apple keynotes live via stream.