Without much fanfare, Apple presented the new generation of the iPhone SE on Wednesday, April 15, 2020. The new Apple iPhone SE replaces the 2016 model and offers a comparatively inexpensive entry into the iOS world from 479 euros. The new budget smartphone from Cupertino can be ordered from Friday, April 17, 2020, in white and black and as (PRODUCT) RED in red. The most expensive version costs 649 euros. Further information on the new Apple smartphone, pictures of the same and of course technical data of the "iPhone SE 2" can be found in this post.
Chapter in this post:
iPhone SE 2020 Specifications
The new, inexpensive Apple iPhone SE comes with an A13 bionic chip and offers - unlike other current models - a home button, only one camera on the back and no notch. The display measures just 4,7 inches, which meets the wishes of many users who find the iPhones in the main line too big. Here is an overview of all important technical data from the iPhone SE data sheet:
- Manufacturer: Apple
- Model: iPhone SE
- Release: April 2020
- Replaces: iPhone SE from 2016 & iPhone 8 from 2017
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 138,4 x 67,3 x 7,3 mm
- Weight: 148 g
- Degree of protection: Protection against water and dust according to IP67 certification
- Display diagonal: 4,7 inches (11,9 cm)
- Display resolution: 1.334 x 750 pixels @ 326 ppi
- Further display properties: contrast ratio of 1.400: 1, true tone, P3 color space, haptic touch, max.brightness at 625 nits, etc.
- Main camera: 12 MP camera with ƒ/1.8 aperture and up to 5x digital zoom, 4K and Full HD video (30 or 60 fps) and HD video (30 fps)
- Front camera: 7 MP camera with ƒ / 2.2 aperture and video recording with Full HD resolution and 30 fps
- Chip: A13 Bionic with 3rd generation Neural Engine
- Home button: Is available and offers Touch ID as an identification method
- Physical interface: Lightning connector
- Operating system: iOS 13
- Internal storage: 64 GB, 128 GB or 256 GB
- Colours: white, red, black
- Special feature: 1 year of Apple tv+ for free
- SIM card: Nano-SIM and eSIM (dual operation possible)
- Box contents: iPhone SE 2020, EarPods with Lightning connector, Lightning to USB cable, USB charger, documentation
- Can be pre-ordered from: April 17.04.2020, 14, 00:XNUMX p.m
- Available in shops from: April 24.04.2020th, XNUMX
- Sources of data and images: Official data sheet, official press release
The new Apple iPhone SE – versions and prices
As noted, the new Apple iPhone SE can be ordered in three colors. There are also three memory sizes to choose from: 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB. As you are used to with Apple, the price is based on these. In addition to a one-off payment, this can also be paid in monthly installments. The price can also be reduced if you submit your old iPhone as a deposit. The amount of the discount depends on the model and its storage capacity - Details on this page. In the following overview you will find the regular prices for the iPhone SE from 2020.
|64 GB memory||128 GB memory||256 GB memory|
|One-off payment||479,00 $||529,00 $||649,00 $|
|Monthly rate (over 2 years)||19,95 $||22,04 $||27,04 $|
Buy iPhone SE 2 – Possible from next week
The “iPhone SE 2”, as it has been called repeatedly over the past few months and years, can be pre-ordered from this Friday on the Apple website (see above). It will go on sale next Friday, on April 24.04.2020th, XNUMX. Certainly there will then also be offers from mobile network providers who sell the new iPhone SE with tariff. But here you should compare whether tariff + payment of the smartphone is cheaper - or maybe the installment payment at Apple and the booking of the tariff independent of it. So before you order, you should do a bit of math back and forth.
iPhone SE (2020) camera photos
Here are a few photos taken with the iPhone SE (2020). You can see that their quality is in no way inferior to the "big" iPhones. Of course, Apple's new budget smartphone doesn't offer a lens selection and only offers a solo camera on the front and back. Nevertheless, really good photos are possible:
Summary of the Apple iPhone SE 2020
Now the cat is out of the bag and the iPhone SE 2, which is not officially called that, has been released. Some of the rumors over the past few months and years have been confirmed, others not. Above all, the comparatively compact dimensions and the comparatively small price should convince all those who still have an old iPhone SE from 2016 or use a comparatively outdated model. It is also a good replacement for the iPhone 8 from 2017. If you still have a sizable model lying around, you can trade it in and secure a good discount for the purchase of a new iPhone SE. Simply click on the link above the price table (see above).
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He acts as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with technical problems. In his spare time he rides electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with the iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions to current bugs.