As part of yesterday's "Peek Performance" event, Apple presented, among other things, the new iPhone SE with A15 Bionic Chip and 5G mobile communications. In this article you will find the technical data, more pictures and the prices for the 3rd generation Apple iPhone SE from 2022. You will also find the links to the official Apple website here, where the smartphone is presented even further. Do you have any comments on the topic? Then please leave a comment.
Chapter in this post:
iPhone SE (3rd Gen, 2022) Specifications
The new budget iPhone from Apple is discontinued Upgrade of the 2020 model It's still a 4,7-inch display, but a new one is coming Apple silicon and 5G for faster use of mobile communications. Instead of Face ID, this smartphone is missing Cupertino faithful to the home button and thus to the Touch ID. Here is an overview of the most important technical data from the current iPhone SE data sheet:
- Manufacturer: Apple
- Model: iPhone SE
- Release: March 2022
- Replaces: iPhone SE (2nd Gen, 2020)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 138,4 x 67,3 x 7,3 mm
- Weight: 144 g
- Degree of protection: Protection against water and dust according to IP67 certification
- Display diagonal: 4,7 inches (11,94 cm)
- Display resolution: 1.334 x 750 pixels @ 326 ppi
- Further display properties: contrast ratio of 1.400: 1, true tone, P3 color space, haptic touch, max.brightness at 625 nits, etc.
- Main camera: 12 MP camera with ƒ/1.8 aperture and up to 5x digital zoom, Smart HDR 4, 4K and Full HD video (30 or 60 fps) and HD video (30 fps)
- Front camera: 7 MP camera with ƒ / 2.2 aperture and video recording with Full HD resolution and 30 fps
- SoC: A15 Bionic with 6-core CPU, 4-core GPU and 16-core Neural Engine
- Home button: Is available and offers Touch ID as an identification method
- Physical interface: Lightning connector
- Operating system: iOS 15
- Internal storage: 64 GB, 128 GB or 256 GB
- Colours: White (Polarstern), Red (PRODUCT)RED, Black (Midnight)
- SIM card: Nano-SIM and eSIM (dual operation possible)
- Box contents: iPhone SE 2022, Lightning to USB cable, documentation
- Price: from € 519
- Further information: Official press release
Apple iPhone SE 2022 – versions and prices
In addition to the three colors, there are also three memory sizes to choose from. These affect the final price of the new iPhone SE. You can choose these options in Apple's official online store: 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB. In addition to a one-off payment of the entire price, you can also choose to pay in monthly installments. Then you pay off the smartphone over two years. I have summarized what this looks like in numbers in the following table.
|64 GB memory||128 GB memory||256 GB memory|
|One-off payment||519,00 $||569,00 $||689,00 $|
|Monthly rate (over 2 years)||21,62 $||23,70 $||28,70 $|
Pre-order and buy Apple iPhone SE (3rd Gen).
You can currently find a press release, an effective introduction page, an overview with technical data and the price overview for the new iPhone SE on the Apple website. However, the options for pre-ordering or buying are not yet available in the online shop of the technology giant. You can pre-order the new iPhone SE from March 11, 2022, and you can have it delivered or buy it in stores from March 18, 2022. In other words: it will be available in stores from next Friday.
Summary of Apple's "Peek Performance" keynote
In addition to the third-generation iPhone SE, Apple let even more cats out of the bag yesterday. For example, the iPad Air (5th gen) with M1 chip and Center Stage was presented. There was also the new M1 Ultra chip and the "Mac Studio" computer equipped with it. There is now a new monitor to go with it, the "Apple Studio Display". An overview of the event can be found in this summary. Below you will find a video about the iPhone SE and the Keynote as video:
After graduating from high school, Johannes completed an apprenticeship as a business assistant specializing in foreign languages. But then he decided to research and write, which resulted in his independence. For several years he has been working for Sir Apfelot, among others. His articles include product introductions, news, manuals, video games, consoles, and more. He follows Apple keynotes live via stream.