Chapter in this post:
Which memory card for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300?
When choosing the right memory card for a digital camera, such as the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300, there are a few important points to consider, which I would like to briefly list here:
- What type of memory card does the camera need? There are, for example, the following types:
- Micro SD card (probably the most common form)
- Compact Flash Card (CF)
- XQD card
- Smart media card
- Multimedia Card (MMC)
- Memory Stick
- Secure Digital Memory Card (SD)
- xD Picture Card
- Which capacity should I choose?
- 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB or 1 TB
- Which manufacturer should I prefer?
- Sony, SanDisk, Lexar, Kingston, Transcend, Komputerbay, DSP, Hama and many more ...
- What speed should the card be?
- Class 10, V10, UHS-I, UHS-II, U1, U2, A1, A2
The right memory card and my preferences
I try to keep it as short as possible and don't want to go into all the differences between memory cards. I have already done this in the following articles:
- What is the difference between A1 and A2 SD cards?
- Buy an SD card - you should pay attention to these points
- What are Class, SDHC, SDXC, UHS, I, A, V and Co.?
However, I have a few personal preferences when buying memory cards for myself that I would like to briefly mention:
- I avoid no-name manufacturers because an acquaintance had already lost all the photos from an order because the brand new ones memory card suddenly became unreadable.
- I prefer the manufacturer SanDisk because these cards have never caused problems or failures for me.
- If there are memory cards from the camera manufacturer, I like to use them (Sony camera → Sony XQD card).
- I usually use medium memory sizes because the small cards fill up too quickly and the largest cards are often disproportionately expensive.
- I prefer faster memory cards, even if they cost more, so that they are still up-to-date and fast enough in the next camera model.
Memory cards for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
This Panasonic camera model works with SD cards and offers 4K video recordings at 100 Mbit / s. There is also the mode to save RAW and JPG files at the same time, so that larger amounts of data have to be saved quickly when taking a series of pictures.
Panasonic recommends the following as storage medium on the site:
SSD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card (compatible with UHS-I standard)
That means we can use the cheaper UHS-I cards, which SanDisk calls "Extreme" (not "Extreme Pro"). You can of course also use the SanDisk Extreme Pro for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300, so that you have more speed reserves, but the UHS-II cards cost a small extra charge.
SanDisk UHS-I SD cards
Here is a list of the UHS-I cards that I would recommend. They meet the UHS-I, V30, U3 and A2 speed standards. The linked cards are microSD cards, but they all come with a suitable adapter for the camera.
- 64GB SanDisk Extreme
- 128GB SanDisk Extreme
- 256GB SanDisk Extreme
- 400GB SanDisk Extreme
- 512GB SanDisk Extreme
- 1TB SanDisk Extreme
SanDisk UHS-II SD cards
The SD cards with UHS-II speed are called "Extreme Pro" by SanDisk and meet the standards UHS-II, V30, U3 and A2. They are a little more expensive than the UHS-I cards, but if you want to use the card for future cameras, you should choose this faster card type.
- 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro
- 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro
- 256GB SanDisk Extreme Pro
- 400GB SanDisk Extreme Pro
- 512GB SanDisk Extreme Pro
- 1TB SanDisk Extreme Pro
I hope you have a good selection of cards for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 at hand.
If you would like to browse the current bestsellers from Amazon, you will find the appropriate list with five UHS-I cards (with 128 GB) that are currently most frequently sold on the large online marketplace:
|1||Lexar Professional 633x SD card 128GB, SDXC UHS-I memory card, up to 95 MB/s reading, for...||14.868 Reviews||20,00 EUR||Buy it at Amazon|
|2||Kingston Canvas Select Plus SD - SDS2 / 128GB Class 10 UHS-I||21,99 EUR 17,49 EUR||Buy it at Amazon|
|3||Integral 128GB SD Card 4K Ultra HD Video High Speed SDXC V30 UHS-I U3 Class 10 Memory Card...||18,95 EUR||Buy it at Amazon|
|4||Lexar high-performance 800x SD card 128GB, memory card SDXC UHS-I Blue Series, up to 120 MB/s...||27 Reviews||26,00 EUR||Buy it at Amazon|
|5||Lexar high-performance 633x micro SD card 128GB, microSDXC UHS-I card, up to 100MB/s...||3.241 Reviews||20,49 EUR||Buy it at Amazon|
The page contains affiliate links / images: Amazon.de