Chapter in this post:
- 1 Buy cheap hearing aid batteries type 312 / PR41 / P312
- 2 test winners for hearing aid batteries 312: PowerOne P312
- 3 Technical data of type 312
- 4 Why PowerOne P312 hearing aid batteries?
- 5 The bestsellers of the type 312 hearing aid batteries on Amazon
- 6 button cell comparison list as PDF: Batteries for hearing aids
Buy cheap hearing aid batteries type 312 / PR41 / P312
The 312 battery type is by far the one most commonly used in hearing aids. These are mostly disposable batteries in the form of button cells that work on a zinc-air basis. The advantage of this type of battery is the long, high voltage curve, which ensures that the hearing aid works without fluctuations in volume until the end of the battery life.
There are also rechargeable button cell batteries that can be used as an alternative to disposable batteries, but these are usually relatively expensive and do not last as long per charge as a single-use button cell. For this reason, single-use batteries are a better choice for most people.
Test winner of the hearing aid batteries 312: PowerOne P312
In dem Hearing aid test by Stiftung Warentest (02/2018) The PowerOne P312 button cells from Varta became the test winner with an overall grade of 1,8. Here you will find the test winner on Amazon, where you can buy it at low set prices (30, 60 or 120 sets):
- 60 mercury-free hearing aid battery
- Voltage (V): - 1.45, Quantity per unit: - 6
- Diameter (mm): 7.9
Technical data of type 312
The hearing aid batteries of type 312 are in a pack with brown marking. The color markings allow hearing aid wearers to remember the battery type more easily. Depending on the manufacturer, the model names P312, V312A (Varta), DA312 (Duracell) or PR312 can be found instead of the identifier 41. The technical data of this battery type are:
- Construction: button cell
- Diameter: 7,8mm
- Height: 3,45 mm
- Voltage: 1,4 volts
- Capacity (approx.): 180 mAh
- Mercury-free, as it is zinc-air-based
A special feature of the zinc-air batteries is that they are sealed with an adhesive film until they are used. If you pull off the film, air gets into the interior and the chemical reaction is started. After this "activation", the batteries last a maximum of 4 weeks, even if they are not in use.
Why PowerOne P312 hearing aid batteries?
The PowerOne P312 from Varta have a number of advantages that make them a good choice for batteries of the same type:
- Made in Germany
- mercury free
- Energy management from Varta with ISO 50001 certification
- very good quality for low price
- no limitation in hearing aid volume
- significantly cheaper than with acousticians
- constant volume due to only slight voltage fluctuations
- Shelf life with optimal storage: approx. 4 years
- Running time (depending on the hearing aid): approx. 6 days with 12 hours of use per day
The bestsellers of the type 312 hearing aid batteries on Amazon
On the large platform Amazon you can find several sets with hearing aid batteries of the type 312. The bestsellers listed here are all high-quality products with excellent customer ratings:
Button cell comparison list as PDF: Batteries for hearing aids
If you don't know exactly which battery size you need, you will find mine Button cell comparison list (PDF) the most common types of button cells with alternative type designations that vary depending on the manufacturer.
The page contains affiliate links / images: Amazon.de