Anyone who has enjoyed playing video games on the Commodore 64 in the past will be happy about the C64 Maxi or C64 Mini today. With the Apple II, the Commodore 64 marked a gaming era in the 1980s. Because when the console market crashed due to a miserable oversupply and only from Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) could be rebuilt, the computers of the early hour remained stable. In this post you will find the two offers "The C64 Maxi" and "The C64 Mini", the appropriate book with tips and tricks as well as other great things for bread box fans: D
Chapter in this post:
- 1 The C64 Maxi - 64 retro games including joystick
- 2 The C64 Mini - full power at half the size
- 3 Video with The C64 Trailer
- 4 These 64 games are preinstalled on TheC64
- 5 The unofficial manual for "THE C64" Mini and Maxi
- 6 The publisher has also published a video in which the C64 Maxi is presented:
- 7 great fan articles for friends of the Commodore 64
- 8 Similar posts
The C64 Maxi - 64 retro games including joystick
Officially, the newly launched consoles in the computer look of the 80s are called "The C64" or "THEC64", but the English article is usually simply omitted. The C64 Maxi comes in the original size of the Commodore 64, with a working keyboard and USB ports. For the connection with modern televisions, projectors and other output devices HDMI-Connection ready. The scope of delivery includes the console, an HDMI cable, a joystick and a power supply unit with cable. In addition to old systems, 64 classic games are also pre-installed, which have become known on the Commodore 64 – also known as the “bread box” because of its shape. The overview is below. You can buy the C64 here at Amazon.
- The C64 is back. This time in full size with a working keyboard, which is the only ...
- Connect it to any modern television using HDMI for razor-sharp 720p experiences in HD, at 60 Hz or ...
- Including THEC64 computer (without HD TV or monitor with HDMI connection, loudspeaker), THEC64 joystick, HDMI cable and ...
The C64 Mini - full power at half the size
The C64 Mini also builds on the look and games of the computer that was sold for the first time in 1982. However, this console is only half the size. So it also fits into the computer, console and game collection if there is actually not that much space for them. Despite the smaller dimensions, the 64 games listed below are also preinstalled here. The smaller model also has USB ports for controllers, keyboards and more. A joystick controller is already included in the scope of delivery. In the further course of this post you will find one to buy later. The scope of delivery for the mini model also includes everything you need to start playing - details and the options for buying can be found on Amazon.
- The officially licensed replica of the popular C64 measures just half the size of the original and is ...
Video with the The C64 trailer
Retro Games has a nice trailer for the C64 Maxi and C64 Mini. You can watch it as a video on YouTube or here as an embedded element. It's not just interesting to see the console in action. The reunion with classic games from the 80s also brings back memories. It is also mentioned that the old interfaces C64 and VIC 20 run on the devices in addition to the games.
These 64 games are preinstalled on TheC64
Alleykat, Anarchy, Attack of the Mutant Camels, Avenger, Battle Valley, Bear Bovver, Boulder Dash, Bounder, California Games, Chips Challenge, Confuzion, Cosmic Causeway, Cyberdyne Warrior, Cybernoid II, Deflektor, Destroyer, Everyone's a Wally, Firelord, Galencia, Gateway to Apshai, Gribbly's Day Out, Gridrunner (VIC 20), Heartland, Herobotix, Highway Encounter, Hover Bovver, Impossible Mission, Impossible Mission II, IO, Iridis Alpha, Jumpman, Mega Apocalypse, Mission AD, Monty Mole, Monty on the Run, Nebulus, Netherworld, Nodes of Yesod, Paradroid, Pitstop II, Planet of Death, Psychedelia (VIC 20), Ranarama, Robin of the Wood, Silicon Warrior, Skate Crazy, Speedball 2, Spindizzy, Steel, Street Sports Baseball , Street Sports Basketball, Summer Games II (includes events from Summer Games), Super Cycle, Sword of Fargoal, Temple of Apshai Trilogy, The Arc of Yesod, Thing Bounces Back, Thing on a Spring, Trailblazer, Uridium, Who Dares Wins II , Winter Games, World Games, Zynaps
The unofficial manual for "THE C64" Mini and Maxi
THEC64 Maxi and THEC64 Mini are more than just simple game consoles with a pre-installed collection of old games. For their reproduction, for. For example, you can choose different display modes to reproduce the scan lines of television systems in North America - or just the old 4: 3 PAL signal. There are also classic operating modes: the original C64 user interface (Commodore 64 Basic V2) and VIC 20. How to find everything, what you can do with it and numerous other tips and tricks for using the retro computer in the book by Andreas Zintzsch read from the Bildner Verlag.
- Zintzsch, Andreas (Author)
The publisher has also published a video in which the C64 Maxi is presented:
Great fan articles for friends of the Commodore 64
Finally, I'll link you to a few Commodore 64 fan articles; First and foremost the official controller, which you can buy for the consoles presented above. The Amazon boxes that I use to link may not be displayed in the reader view of your browser or the Sir Apfelot app. You would have to switch to the regular view.
- 4-way micro switched joystick
- 2 micro-switchable "Fire" buttons
- USB 2.0; 1,5 m cable and 8 buttons
- Delivered in a sturdy cardboard packaging with a motif
- Coffee mug is dishwasher safe and microwave safe
- Size: approx.9,5 cm high, 8 cm diameter
- Are you a real retro gamer and love pixel and 8 bit games? Then this run code design is perfect for you ...
- Great Run Classic video game design for programmers, gamers and retro gamers. Wear this retro gaming design, ...
- Classic cut, double stitched hem.
- Eisenmenger, Richard (Author)
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He acts as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with technical problems. In his spare time he rides electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with the iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions to current bugs.
The page contains affiliate links / images: Amazon.de