With around 21 minutes of flight time that is DJI Mavic Air between the DJI Spark and the Mavic Pro. However, all DJI drones are supplied with energy with the typical "Intelligent Flight Battery", as DJI calls the battery. And the name says it all, because the DJI batteries are something special in terms of operation and additional functions.
If you want to buy an additional battery, I can recommend the official DJI Shop or Amazon. However, due to the shipping costs of almost 20 EUR, the DJI Shop is only worthwhile for two or three batteries. Otherwise, Amazon is the better choice:
From my point of view, the following features should be emphasized:
- A push of a button shows the current charge level of the battery with LEDs.
- A battery change is possible without fiddling with cables by simply unplugging and plugging in.
- In order to protect the batteries from damage, the built-in electronics discharge the battery by itself after a few days to a battery level that makes sense for long-term storage.
The technical details of the Intelligent Flight Battery for the DJI Mavic Air are as follows:
- Capacity: 2375 mAh
- Battery type: LiCoO2
- Rated voltage: 11.55V, Max 13.2V
- Performance: 27.43 Wh
- EAN number: 6958265161964
- Manufacturer number: PART1
What is particularly striking here is the battery type, which corresponds to the lithium-ion type and works on an electrode with lithium cobalt (III) oxide (LiCoO2). The use of this material enables a particularly high energy density, which also explains the long flight time of the Mavic Air. The abbreviation LiCoO2 battery means lithium cobalt dioxide battery.
By the way, you can find the "Specs" of the drone in my post "DJI Mavic Air: Technical Specifications". What I really like about the DJI drone batteries is the simple procedure for charging and discharging the battery. Lipo batteries are very sensitive when it comes to storage. Storing a fully charged battery for more than a week has a massive impact on its lifespan. For this reason, the batteries must be discharged to half before storing them. In the past, this was a time-consuming task with LiPo chargers from the model flight sector, since each battery had to be plugged into the charger individually in order to discharge it. DJI solves this simply with internal electronics that monitor the time and automatically discharge the battery if it has not been used for a certain number of days.
If you want to buy a battery on Amazon, you will find the corresponding product box here:
- ADDITIONAL BATTERY FOR DJI MARVIC AIR: The intelligent additional battery for the DJI Marvic Air drone enables ...
- FAST CHARGE: DJI's Intelligent Flight Battery takes under an hour to fully charge ...
- LONGER RUNNING TIME: The DJI drone accessories are an absolute must-have for drone lovers. The flight time of up to ...
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He appears as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with problems of a technical nature. In his free time he drives electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with his iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions for current bugs.
Did you like the article and did the instructions on the blog help you? Then I would be happy if you the blog via a Steady Membership or at Patreon would support.
The page contains affiliate links / images: Amazon.de