In the past few weeks, we have largely held back on rumors and assumptions about the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro. Now it is only about a month until the presentation of the new smartphone from Apple. And not only about the device, but also about the date of its presentation, there is now more and more information. So Apple should stay true to the pattern of the last few years and let the iPhone event take place again in the form of a September keynote. This is usually realized in the first two weeks of September, on a Tuesday or Wednesday - and that is why September 12, 2023 is assumed.
Chapter in this post:
Various sources assume September 12.09.2023th, XNUMX for the iPhone event
In addition to the well-connected Bloomberg journalist Mark Gurman, other sources, such as unnamed people who provide 9to5Mac with information, assume September 12 as the date for the keynote with iPhone presentation (Which). Furthermore, it is assumed that this will take place again in a hybrid form.
For example, the presentation videos for the new iPhone, the new Apple Watch, etc. should be pre-produced – but trade journalists should still be given the opportunity to examine the new hardware directly on site. So the pre-produced presentations that emerged during the Covid-19 pandemic seem to continue to appeal to Apple. It is not known if and when there will be live keynotes again.
Changes that aim to define the iPhone 15 (Pro).
In addition to the new operating system iOS 17 (for which I have already planned some instructions that will appear when I can try them out and take screenshots), the iPhone 15 (Pro) will offer a few new selling points with its own hardware adjustments. Among other things, these changes and adjustments are rumored to be:
- USB-C instead of Lightning connector for charging and data exchange
- An action button with selectable functions to replace the mechanical mute switch
- The standard model and the iPhone 15 Plus should have one Dynamic Islands to get
- The Pro models will get the new A17 chip, while the standard models will get the A16 chip of last year's Pro models (iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max) should receive
- The display edges of the Pro models are said to be noticeably thinner than their predecessors
- The iPhone 15 Pro Max is said to get a periscope camera for 5x to 10x optical zoom
- The Pro models could also Titan– instead of stainless steel housing and up to 2 TB of storage
After graduating from high school, Johannes completed an apprenticeship as a business assistant specializing in foreign languages. But then he decided to research and write, which resulted in his independence. For several years he has been working for Sir Apfelot, among others. His articles include product introductions, news, manuals, video games, consoles, and more. He follows Apple keynotes live via stream.