Chapter in this post:
- 1 Technical data
- 2 app important for advanced programs
- 3 Processing of the Smart String Lights Globe
- 4 Specialty: Synchronize light to music
- 5 Static and dynamic programs
- 6 time programs and timers possible
- 7 Amazingly economical in terms of energy consumption
- 8 My conclusion on the Smart String Lights Globe light chain
The manufacturer Lite Bulb Moments kindly provided me with the "Smart String Lights Globe 3 cm" LED light chain for a test report. That fits very well, of course, because we are heading straight into the Christmas season.
However, the Smart String Lights Globe is anything but a "normal" LED light chain, because it comes with an app connection that is not absolutely necessary, but allows you to do much more with the light chain.
- Product type: Smart, waterproof fairy lights for atmospheric lighting indoors and outdoors, choice of over 16 million colors and different light programs
- Manufacturer: Lite Bulb Moments
- Model: Smart String Lights Globe 3cm
- Part No.: NSL911991
- LED chip: Sanan-e
- Number of balls: 50
- Diameter of balls: 3 cm
- Color of the balls: milky white
- Supply line: 3 m
- Total length: 10 m
- IP protection class:
- Cable and control element: IP65
- Power plug: IP44
- Both protection classes are sufficient for outdoor rain. I might put the power plug in such a protective box .
- WiFi Frequency: 2,4GHz
- App: Apple App Store / Google Play
- Compatible with common voice assistants: Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri- Also compatible with smart home systems such as Samsung SmartThings via the Smart Life app
- Music Sync: Music-light synchronization enables the visualization of tones and rhythmic play of colors in real time
- Dimmable: yes, via app
- Number of possible colors: 16 million RGBW
- Dynamic light: yes
- CRI: ≥ 80
- Lifetime: 25.000 hours
- Energy efficiency class: G (according to the new EU label)
- Power Consumption: 10W
- Input voltage: 220-240V / 50-60Hz
- Price: 89,99 EUR (at Cyberport or The Amazon)
App important for advanced programs
The "Lite" app from Lite Bulb Moments is in principle mandatory to operate the LED light chain, because the built-in button can only be used to switch through the light programs.
The smart LED light chain can only be used to the full and the light colour, brightness and speed of the dynamic programs can only be changed in connection with the app.
After installing the app, an account is created and you have to bring the light chain into the WLAN via a pairing process. The connection between the smartphone and the chain of lights is therefore based on Wifi and it is therefore important that the LED chain of lights remains within the WLAN reception range so that the settings can be changed.
If you have set it up according to your own taste and it should only "run", then you can also hang it outside of the WLAN area.
Processing of the Smart String Lights Globe
There is nothing to complain about when it comes to processing. I wouldn't have expected anything else at the price, but I'm always happy when manufacturers not only want to make money, but also want to deliver a reasonable product.
The cable connections are all really tight and the plastic used for the balls and the control box as well as the plug is really robust and didn't crack when I dropped it on the stone terrace in the garden - unintentionally.
Special feature: synchronize light to music
The Smart String Lights Globe is used in conjunction with the microphone built into the control box for a special form of lighting: as a light effect to match the music.
The microphone in the control box picks up the music from the ambient noise and synchronizes the lighting program accordingly.
Static and dynamic programs
You can try out numerous light programs in the app. There are static programs where the light doesn't change. In the dynamic programs, on the other hand, there is movement in the chain of lights. Colorful effects can be selected here and you can change the speed at which they change.
You can also select a program in which all LEDs light up in the same color. You can easily select the color via the app.
And with the last - and personally my favorite - program you only have white light and change the color temperature of the white in the app. I think this type of lighting works best in a natural garden.
Time programs and timers possible
One great thing that I didn't expect at all is the ability to set a timer to turn off the LED lighting after a certain amount of time or schedule it.
So you can specify on which day and at what time the fairy lights should shine.
Amazingly economical in energy consumption
To be honest, I was amazed at the power consumption of the LED light chain. Despite the built-in control electronics, the quite strong brightness and the 50 balls, the chain of lights requires a maximum of 10 watts.
Most of the time you will set a lower brightness and then the consumption will drop again.
My conclusion on the Smart String Lights Globe chain of lights
If you are technically interested and open to playing around with the Christmas lights, then this gadget is definitely the right choice.
I think you can also use the smart LED light chain for atmospheric room lighting. My model will provide pleasant light in the evening hours either for my daughter or for me in the office.
- LIGHT CHAIN: Smart, waterproof light chain for atmospheric light indoors and outdoors
- SMART: Control via the associated free Lite app, language assistants such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant or...
- AUTOMATIONS: Automations in the Lite app make it possible to generate individual processes that, for example, are...
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He appears as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with problems of a technical nature. In his free time he drives electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with his iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions for current bugs.
Did you like the article and did the instructions on the blog help you? Then I would be happy if you the blog via a Steady Membership or at Patreon would support.
The page contains affiliate links / images: Amazon.de