There are quite a few people like me who am Sales start of the new iPhone models always have a little Christmas present mood. Somehow you are happy when there is a new iPhone and a common tactic to compensate for the high retail prices is to skip a generation or two and only then get a new iPhone. That means that some have two to three years of anticipation - and then of course you want to get the device in your hands as quickly as possible.
So that you are one of the first to introduce the new iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone 13 Pro Max hold in my hands, I have a few tips for you.
Update: You can just as well Order from Amazon and benefit from Prime Shipping ;)
This is shown by the Apple Store app in the hours before the start of pre-orders. This view does not change until 14 p.m. and you can order your iPhone (Photo: Sir Apfelot).
Update: Tip 2 + 4 no longer work when the store is offline
As I just had to learn painfully myself, you can unfortunately no longer follow the tips that you have to carry out in the Apple Store app if you are one day before the order starts. The reason for this is that Apple closes the store completely and does not reopen until sales start. As a result, you cannot prepare anything in the Apple Store app. :(
Tips for ordering an iPhone
I would have said yes, makes sure that Apple plans the sales start a little better, because this year they have designed it exactly so that I sit in the car on Friday, September 17.9.2021, 14 at XNUMX p.m. (sales start in Germany) and my children from the Get school. Thanks Tim! But my wife saves the day and stands in for me. True love. 😀
But well, if you have arranged the circumstances so that you have Internet access and an iPhone, iPad or Mac in your fingers at 14 p.m., then the following tips may help to get your order done quickly. The faster you are at 14 p.m., the shorter the delivery time and the faster the iPhone 13 will be with you.
- Use - if possible - the Apple Store App on the iPhone or the iPad. You can place your order with any computer via the Apple website, but as far as I know the store is updated faster via the Apple Store app than the website.
- Put together your iPhone 13 model before it goes on sale and choose the color and memory configuration. Then you tap or click on the heart symbol, which should be somewhere on the page, so that your iPhone configuration as a favorite saved. So you can get the iPhone of your choice at any time with one click.
- Does not order accessories or other devices with the iPhone. Sometimes it happens that the accessories have longer delivery times than the iPhone and then they wait to ship until everything is together. You can express a wish when ordering, but I would take no risk and would rather place a separate order for the accessories.
- Check yours in advance Payment details and your stored address in the Apple Store. Otherwise you may lose valuable minutes in order to update them when ordering.
- Check whether your Credit card limit also “coped” with the price of your iPhone. It happened to me with the iPhone 12 Pro Max that the order was rejected because I had changed the bank and it had a limit of 1000 euros for credit card payments. With my dream model, of course, I'm over it. Since the payment was only refused on the day of shipment, I had of course "lost" days and got my iPhone significantly late, even though I had placed the order on time. Very annoying…
- Hold the Security code (CVV / CVC number) of your credit card at the ready, because this is safely queried when ordering. It is usually on the back of the credit card and has three digits.
- From 13:58 p.m. (in Germany) I open the Apple Store app and wait for the store to open its doors again. So that the app updates the status promptly, I go to the App Switcher (swipe up from the very bottom almost to the middle of the display) and then swipe the Apple Store app upwards. This is completely "shot down". Now you call up the app again and when you restart it always gets the current status in the store and shows you whether the iPhone is now released for sale.
For me it will be the Pro Max model again this year - just the iPhone 13. I'm curious to see how good the camera actually is.
My last will: waiting for Sir Apfelot
Last wish from me: Please wait with your order for the iPhone 13 Pro Max until I have sent my order. 😂
I know it was good ... but seriously: I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get your hands on the iPhone 13 quickly and maybe one or the other tip has helped you here. Then I would be very happy to receive your feedback.
See you at 14:00 p.m. in Germany or 0:00 a.m. in Cupertino!
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He appears as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with problems of a technical nature. In his free time he drives electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with his iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions for current bugs.