Do you want to buy an iPhone on eBay or sell your used iPhone there? Then a current price overview on the site may help you with the negotiations or with the pricing for your classified ad. In addition to a current press release, according to which 81% of Germans sell their used cell phones on eBay or eBay classifieds, the company behind it has published a list of popular devices and their average sales prices. This of course also includes numerous iPhone models from Apple. What these bring in on average, I have summarized for you in this post.
iPhone Resale Value on eBay (Mid-2019)
In one with Resale values on eBay for "used smartphones" In the table above, eBay has shown average sales prices for common cell phones. In addition to models from Sony, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung, OnePlus, LG, HTC and Google, Apple iPhones are of course also included. The following prices are taken as an average for the period from 29.05. until August 26.08.2019th, XNUMX (devices sorted by generation and memory):
- Apple iPhone XS, 64 GB - 781 EUR
- Apple iPhone XS, 256 GB - 879 EUR
- Apple iPhone XS, 512 GB - 1.002 EUR
- Apple iPhone XS Max, 64 GB - 807 EUR
- Apple iPhone XS Max, 256 GB - 917 EUR
- Apple iPhone XS Max, 512 GB - 999 EUR
- Apple iPhone XR, 64 GB - 591 EUR
- Apple iPhone XR, 256 GB - 672 EUR
- Apple iPhone XR, 512 GB - n / a
- Apple iPhone X, 64 GB - 521 EUR
- Apple iPhone X, 256 GB - 597 EUR
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus, 64 GB - 416 EUR
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus, 256 GB - 483 EUR
- Apple iPhone 8, 64 GB - 367 EUR
- Apple iPhone 8, 256 GB - 441 EUR
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus, 32 GB - 283 EUR
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus, 128 GB - 304 EUR
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus, 256 GB - 360 EUR
- Apple iPhone 7, 32 GB - 219 EUR
- Apple iPhone 7, 128 GB - 243 EUR
- Apple iPhone 7, 256 GB - 256 EUR
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus, 16 GB - 156 EUR
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus, 32 GB - 175 EUR
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus, 64 GB - 176 EUR
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus, 128 GB - 209 EUR
- Apple iPhone 6s, 16 GB - 125 EUR
- Apple iPhone 6s, 32 GB - 142 EUR
Before selling: Erase iPhone properly! (Old advisor)
Buy a used iPhone?
Like any other technical device, you can of course buy a second-hand iPhone. However, you should always pay attention to a few points with such a project. Has the seller posted their own photos or just stole product images from a shop and added them to the ad? And are there photos with an active display so that you can see that the iPhone is working? Can you pick up the device yourself or is shipping the only option? Do you insist on PayPal without buyer protection?
If an offer on eBay or eBay classifieds is too hot for you and you don't know whether the smartphone will reach you at all, don't let it matter. Maybe you'd better watch it then reBuy or at the Amazon Warehouse Deals past. You are more likely to make claims for products that have not been received or for damage. You can find more tips for buying used, especially with regard to the Apple Mac in this guide.
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He appears as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with problems of a technical nature. In his free time he drives electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with his iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions for current bugs.
Did you like the article and did the instructions on the blog help you? Then I would be happy if you the blog via a Steady Membership or at Patreon would support.