Chapter in this post:
With the Kindle Scribe, Amazon offers its first e-book reader with a writing function. The device has a 10,2 inch (25,91 cm) diagonal Paperwhite display and can be ordered with two different stylus pens and with three different memory sizes. The writing and drawing function can be used to make notes on the eBooks read, to record other thoughts, to keep a diary or simply to create sketches. However, you shouldn't expect handwriting recognition or extensive graphics gimmicks like on the Apple iPad. The Kindle Scribe remains primarily an e-reader, just with a few additional functions and a beautiful "paper" display.
Abbreviation: Order here with Prime Shipping
The most important data of the Kindle Scribe at a glance
The Amazon Kindle Scribe and its stylus can be ordered in different versions. However, there are some technical details that apply to all sub-models. Here you will find an overview of the most important technical data of the device:
- Manufacturer: Amazon
- Model: Kindle Scribe
- Device type: eBook reader
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 22,9 cm x 19,6 cm x 0,6 cm
- Weight: 433 g
- Colour: anthracite (grey)
- Display diagonal: 10,2 inches or 25,91 cm
- Display pixel density: 300 ppi
- Display features: Paperwhite display for a paper-like feel when touching and writing; adjustable color temperature to adapt to the environment
- Possible color range: 16-level gray scale
- Display lighting: Front light made up of 35 LEDs for use in the dark
- Internal storage: 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB
- Pen dimensions: 16,2 cm x 0,84 cm
- Pen weight: 14,2 g (standard version) or 15,1 g (premium version)
- Pen holder: Magnet on the side of the device
- Internet connection: WLAN with 802.11 b/g/n standard and encryption via WEP, WPA, WPA and WPS
- Audio output: Via Bluetooth, usable for Audible audio books and text-to-speech
- Supported file formats for viewing and editing: Kindle (AZW), Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), DOCX, DOC, HTML, EPUB, RTF, TXT, PDF, MOBI, PRC, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, Audible Audio (AAX)
- Battery life according to the manufacturer: 3 weeks (30 minutes of writing per day and deactivated WLAN) to 12 weeks (30 minutes of reading per day and deactivated WLAN)
- Battery charging time: 2,5 hours with a 9W power adapter via USB-C or 7 hours on a computer
- Box contents: Kindle Scribe, pen (incl. 5 replacement nibs and nib-changing accessories), USB-C charging cable
- Read and write just like on paper - With the world's first anti-glare 10,2-inch paperwhite display with 300 ppi...
- Take notes in millions of books from the Kindle Store - Write with the included standard stylus...
- Create notebooks, diaries and lists - You have a variety of included templates to choose from,...
Various templates as well as lined, squared and other document pages are available on the Kindle Scribe for making notes, diaries, lists and more. New writing tools are to be implemented again and again with updates. The so-called stylus, which is also available as a premium model, is required for the input.
Both models do not require a battery and therefore do not need to be charged. They are used equally for writing and drawing. However, the premium stylus comes with an eraser attachment and a shortcut key. The latter can be used to quickly switch between pen, marker and other tools. So if you don't just want to capture a thought here and there, but want to get everything out of the Kindle Scribe, the premium pen is a better choice.
Practical accessory: Kindle Scribe cover made of fabric
If you want to protect the device in everyday life and when traveling and want to attach the pen a little more securely, you can order a suitable cover for the Kindle Scribe. The fabric sleeves offered by the manufacturer themselves, which can be folded down as a holder, are available in black, blue and pink - on this product page.
- Traditional Kindle cases attach the device to the plastic interior. The thin...
- The stylish, lightweight flip case for Kindle Scribe protects your device's screen (only suitable for Kindle...
- The pen holder is ideal for your standard or premium stylus. You can also use the stylus...
After graduating from high school, Johannes completed an apprenticeship as a business assistant specializing in foreign languages. But then he decided to research and write, which resulted in his independence. For several years he has been working for Sir Apfelot, among others. His articles include product introductions, news, manuals, video games, consoles, and more. He follows Apple keynotes live via stream.
The page contains affiliate links / images: Amazon.de