I'm currently testing the Luminar AI software from Skylum and I'm looking forward to writing the review because the Mac app has exceeded all my expectations and offers impressive ways to spruce up even the most boring photos.
If you haven't tried Luminar AI yet, you should check it out load the trial version. The operation is intuitive and you get results really quickly that look much better than the original. The app review will be one of the next to come ...
Chapter in this post:
Luminar IA keeps crashing after a few seconds
What drove me a little crazy yesterday, however, is a mistake that apparently does not only occur with me: You start Luminar AI. Then the message appears "Update picture gallery 0%" and after approx. 10 to 20 seconds, Luminar AI closes without further notification.
I closed all other apps thinking it might be due to lack of RAM but that didn't help. Restarting the Mac didn't do anything either. The error stayed the same over and over again, very reliably.
Quick tip: Renaming the catalog folder
Before I bother you with the long instructions that Luminar AI Support sent me, I'll give you my solution, which led to success for me within a few seconds:
To do this, rename the Luminar AI catalog folder and then restart the program.
You can find the folder this way:
Your user folder> Pictures> Luminar AI Catalog
I got him from "Luminar AI Catalog" in "Luminar AI Catalog-old“And then the app could be started again without any problems.
The funny thing: At first I thought that the folder might have a flaw and renaming Luminar would make you create a new folder. But no: Luminar will also find the new folder and continue to use it. The advantage: no images or processing steps are lost and you can basically pick up where you left off.
The long solution: completely reinstall Luminar AI
The support of Skylum Luminar AI answered my request less than 10 hours later and sent the following instructions (I translated it from English):
- Remove Luminar AI with the tool AppCleaner: http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner
- To do this, move the Luminar AI icon from the Applications folder to the AppCleaner window.
- Now mark all files and folders for removal, with the exception of: RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarAI
- Go to User folder> Pictures and name the folder there “Luminar AI Catalog" around. If you saved the catalog somewhere else on disk, rename it there.
- Open the folder "Luminar AI Catalog"And search for the file"LuminarAI Catalog.luminarai". Rename this file as well.
- Now go to the folder "Application Support"And delete the folder"LuminarAI". (in the Finder "Go to" and copy this path into it: / Library / Application Support / Skylum Software).
- Go to Port (in Utilities) and run this command:
Defaults Delete Com.skylum.luminarai
(execute with return!)
- Then you can Reload and install Luminar AI
As I said, renaming the catalog folder helped me, but if you still have problems, there is still the long version to solve the problem.
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He acts as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with technical problems. In his spare time he rides electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with the iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions to current bugs.