Chapter in this post:
- 1 Marantz Professional Turret - "transmission tower" for your desk
- 2 advantages of the complete video, podcast and stream solution
- 3 disadvantages of the all-in-one solution for streaming
- 4 Buy the Marantz Professional Turret
- 5 Marantz Professional Turret Test with a convincing conclusion
- 6 Find suitable accessories here in the blog
Do you want to produce web videos, stream video games on YouTube, Twitch or Mixer, record a podcast or realize other audio and video projects? Then it could Marantz Professional Turret be the ideal solution for your desk. The "transmission tower" with camera, light, microphone, audio control, USB-C, USB-A, AUX and other good specs is also suitable as a gift for people who want to get into the topic. All the details, the advantages and disadvantages as well as a video about the product and a test or experience report I have compiled for you in this post. Maybe you will find your first Christmas present for this year;)
Marantz Professional Turret - "transmission tower" for your desk
With a rotating camera and built-in LED ring light, a swiveling microphone including pop protection, a switch for turning the camera and microphone on and off, a volume control for computer sound and microphone as well as control of light and headphone volume is the Marantz Professional Turret actually has everything you could want. Before I go on with the running text, here are the most important information about the Marantz Professional Turret from the manufacturer:
- Freestanding all-in-one broadcasting system for the computer
- Dimensions (depending on the use of the microphone): 20,4 cm x 86,1 cm x 49,8 cm
- Weight: 3,5 kg
- 1080p Full HD webcam with H.264 video compression
- LED ring light, dimmable - directly on the webcam and with exchangeable light filters (warm white, cold white, neutral white)
- USB condenser microphone with 48 kHz and 16 bit as well as pop filter
- Connection for headphones on the front
- Connections on the back: 2 x USB-A, 1 x USB-C, 1 x AUX Out, 1 x power supply
- Integrated control of camera, light, microphone and sound mix
- Can be used for vlog, game streaming (as face camera), podcast, video conference, etc.
- Can be used for recordings, live broadcasts and streams
- Use with Windows PC and Apple Mac, iMac and MacBook
- Price (as of October 29.10.2018, XNUMX): 278 euros on Amazon
Advantages of the complete video, podcast and stream solution
A clear advantage of the Marantz Professional Turret is of course that you can buy a complete all-in-one solution here and not long after the right webcam, the right light, a microphone with pop protection, a control center, the Have to look for cabling to the computer and so on. Actually, there is no other offer that makes it so easy for you to enter the world of YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, Soundcloud and Co. as an active player. You can see in this one, for example, what the camera, microphone and the overall product can do Video:
Disadvantages of the all-in-one solution for streaming
As shown in the video above, the individual solution with permanently installed components also results in a few points that could be viewed negatively. The camera sits at a fixed height and can only be rotated around the Y-axis; almost 360 °. In addition, the height of the microphone cannot be adjusted, it can only be adjusted on the X and Z axes. If you want to place the camera behind / above a monitor or between two monitors, then the alignment of the microphone boom becomes a problem. But if you are satisfied with the structure as shown in the video, then the Marantz Professional Turret could be your new "transmission tower": D
Buy Marantz Professional Turret
The Marantz Professional Turret is offered on Amazon, for example, and even as a Prime product for fast delivery. For the price of 278 euros including shipping, you can quickly and easily get a complete, compact recording set for your way into the digital presence as a content creator. Next to the product itself you will find on the Amazon site also a very extensive customer review with detailed considerations of the Marantz Professional Turret and a rating of 4 stars. Check it out ;)
Marantz Professional Turret Test with a convincing conclusion
In a very extensive and detailed test report on the Marantz Professional Turret including sample audio and video recordings, Manuela Krause a very positive conclusion about the device written. The radio woman, who was one of the first DJs in Berlin to exchange records for computers as early as 1998, also incorporated numerous photos of the product. As a specialist, she knows exactly what computers and connected equipment should be able to achieve in connection with audio (and consequently also with video). The conclusion, which is accompanied by a rating of 4,5 out of 5 points, is all the more convincing.
Find suitable accessories here in the blog
If you want to use the Marantz Professional Turret as a face camera for your gaming stream, a green screen is also recommended for the background, which you can filter out with the appropriate software. A professional and at the same time compact solution for this application case offers you Elgato with this green screen at. The chroma key panel is very well suited for background removal thanks to its straight surface and continuous color tone.
If you don't play directly on the Windows PC or Apple Mac, but want the signal from a games console via HDMI then you will also find what you are looking for at Elgato. Check out this post on the topic: Elgato Game Capture HD60 S. There I also gave you a brief introduction to the manufacturer's “Stream Deck”.
If you are still looking for the right apps, i.e. the right software for using the Marantz Professional Turret, then feel free to browse the following list:
- Audacity - details, instructions and manuals for the audio app
- Ultrasound, Studio Link, Mixlr: produce podcasts, broadcast live and integrate chat
- Farrago: Soundboard Mac app for podcast, radio and theater
After graduating from high school, Johannes completed an apprenticeship as a business assistant specializing in foreign languages. But then he decided to research and write, which resulted in his independence. For several years he has been working for Sir Apfelot, among others. His articles include product introductions, news, manuals, video games, consoles, and more. He follows Apple keynotes live via stream.
Did you like the article and did the instructions on the blog help you? Then I would be happy if you the blog via a Steady Membership or at Patreon would support.
The page contains affiliate links / images: Amazon.de