Chapter in this post:
- 1 Technical data from the Nikon Z6 data sheet
- Buy 2 Nikon Z6 - camera sets on Amazon with Prime Shipping
- 3 Official Nikon Z6 manual, firmware overview and more
- 4 Nikon Z6 book by experts for users
- Buy 5 Nikkor Z lenses for the Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7
- Buy 6 Sony XQD memory cards
- 7 Buy a Nikon Z6 replacement battery
- 8 Nikon Z6 reviews and reports
- 9 Nikon Z6 reviews as video
- 10 Similar posts
The Nikon Z6 is a mirrorless system camera (DSLM) designed for the best photography. The camera belonging to the Japanese manufacturer's Z series has been available for purchase since August 2018. It comes with a full-format sensor of 35,9 mm × 23,9 mm, a low-pass filter and the option of using an FTZ bayonet adapter. In March 2019, the model was also awarded the TIPA World Awards 2019 Awarded for the "best camera with full-frame sensor" by the Technical Image Press Association. Here you will find technical data about the device, the instructions from the manufacturer, advice from professional users, accessories, tests and further information about the Nikon Z6.
Technical data from the Nikon Z6 data sheet
In the following I have summarized the most important technical data from the Nikon Z6 data sheet. With this you already get an insight and can get a theoretical picture. Note that you can modify the system camera with accessories, lenses, lights, etc., so that even more performance can be obtained.
- Manufacturer: Nikon
- Model: Z6
- Product: Mirrorless system camera
- Product series: Z series
- Dimensions: approx. 100,5 x 134 x 67,5 mm
- Weight: approx. 585 g (camera body) / approx. 675 g (incl. battery and memory card)
- Bayonet connection: Nikon Z bayonet
- Image sensor: CMOS with 35,9mm × 23,9mm
- Effective angle of view: FX / full frame
- Total number of pixels: 25,28 million
- Effective resolution: 24,5 million pixels
- White balance: numerous modes, storable values, color temperature selection from 2.500 K to 10.000 K, etc.
- Maximum image size photo: 6.048 x 4.024 pixels (FX L format)
- Maximum video image size: 3.840 x 2.160 pixels (4K UHD)
- Monitor: LCD touchscreen with 3,2 inch (8 cm) diagonal, 11 brightness levels, tiltable
- Operating temperature: 0 ° C to 40 ° C
- Operation at air humidity: max. 85% (non-condensing)
- WLAN radio: IEEE 802.11b / g / n / a / ac dual band with 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- BT radio: Bluetooth 4.2 (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Audio input: 3,5 mm jack
- Audio output: 3,5 mm jack
- Tripod thread: 1/4 inch thread according to ISO 1222
- Menu language: German, English, French, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Greek, Italian, Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian, Russian, Romanian, Serbian, Finnish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Scope of delivery: Nikon Z6 mirrorless system camera, rubber eyepiece cap DK-29 (attached to the camera on delivery), housing cover BF-N1, lithium-ion battery EN-EL15b with protective battery cap, battery charger MH-25a (with mains plug adapter or mains cable, Different design in shape and type according to sales country or region), USB cable UC-E24, HDMI / USB cable clip, carrying strap AN-DC19, accessory shoe cover BS-1, other accessories depending on the set purchased (see below)
- Numerous other data from the Nikon Z6: Manufacturer Website
Buy Nikon Z6 - camera sets on Amazon with Prime Shipping
The good thing about Amazon is that as a Prime customer you can expect fast shipping and thus fast delivery. And even without Prime, the delivery won't be too long in coming. So here are three kits, thanks to which you can quickly get started with the Nikon Z6 (1, 2, 3).
Official Nikon Z6 manual, firmware overview and more
You will find various helpful documents in PDF format in the download center on the Nikon website. Both the reference manual for firmware 2.0 from May this year as well as the complete instructions, the user manual and the network overview are available as PDF downloads in German. The German online manual comes without a download, but with a display in the browser. The Technical Guide and the N-Log Specification Document are also available in English. The overview and the free download of the Nikon Z6 manuals can be found with this link.
Nikon Z6 book by experts for users
In addition to the Nikon manuals, which provide an important technical introduction to photography, there is also other reading material for users of the Nikon Z6. Tips and tricks to get the most out of the camera are summarized in some books, for example, which you can also buy directly from Amazon. Depending on the Nikon Z6 book, you use the high-quality focus of the publishers Rheinwerk, Bildner and Franzis. I have listed the books that have received very good customer reviews and ratings (1, 2, 3).
Buy Nikkor Z lenses for the Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7
For the Nikon Z series there are - among other compatible models - special ones Nikkor Z lenses. In the following you will find a bestseller list, which shows the models currently available with the best price-performance ratio. You probably know best yourself which exact type of Nikon Z6 lens you need - depending on the type of photography you do. Of course are among the following bestsellers also multifunction lenses for different types of photography.
|1||NIKKOR Z 70 -200mm f / 1 S (INCL. HB-2,8, CL-C92)||2.799,00 EUR 2.539,00 EUR||Buy it at Amazon|
|2||Nikon Nikkor Z 100-400mm f/1-4,5VR S||3.008,94 EUR||Buy it at Amazon|
|3||Nikon Nikkor Z 20 mm f/1.8 S, Ultra wide-angle lens, Luminous, Fixed focal length f/1.8,...||1.149,00 EUR||Buy it at Amazon|
|4||Nikon Nikkor Z 28-75mm 1: 2,8||26 Reviews||979,99 EUR||Buy it at Amazon|
|5||Nikon Z 14-24mm 1:2.8 S (INCL. HB96, HB97, CL-C2) JMA711DA||2.749,00 EUR||Buy it at Amazon|
Buy Sony XQD memory cards
With the XQD cards, Sony has created a robust and fast memory card format. The storage media are not to be confused with SD memory cards. SD cards and microSD cards are not used in the Nikon Z6; but the aforementioned special format. If you have never heard of this before, please have a look at this explanatory post: XQD cards and card readers at a glance. In addition to the data and advantages of the memory cards for the cameras and camcorders presented here and many more, I also showed you individual offers there. Because there are memory cards with 32 GB, 64 GB, 120 GB, 128 GB, 240 GB and 256 GB.
Buy a Nikon Z6 replacement battery
If you want to complete the set right away and equip yourself with the new camera for longer use, there are of course also batteries for your shopping cart. There are now various battery models with good ratings for the Nikon Z2018 introduced in 6. It is important that these are either Nikon EN-EL15b batteries or third-party offers that are equivalent in form and performance to a Nikon EN-EL15b battery (1, 2, 3).
Nikon Z6 reviews and reports
I cannot offer you a Nikon Z6 test myself, as there is neither time, money nor sufficient expertise for it. However, there are some specialists who have looked at the Nikon Z6 in the test and shared their experiences with the camera. So awards The photo magazine, for example, gave the following ratings for three points of criticism (with different weightings): image quality 81%, speed 96% and equipment and operation 92%. It should be noted, however, that a firmware update to version 2.0 has since been released, which has made the camera even better. About that too berichtete the photo magazine.
CHIP has also adopted the professional DSLM and as a Summary many advantages listed. I find it strange that the XQD memory cards were rated as exotic and disadvantageous. Thanks to their robust construction, they offer more protection and, thanks to their PCI connectivity, a higher data rate for reading and writing the photo and video information. Safe storage of photo shoots and 4K video recordings is thus possible. Sony also offers free data recovery software. A good offer for professional users who buy the Nikon Z6 DSLM camera. The said test also took place before firmware 2.0.
Nikon Z6 reviews as video
On YouTube I found three interesting reports about experiences with the camera, which I will include for you in the following. The first two videos are mainly about the Nikon Z6, the third video compares it to the Sony A7 III.
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He appears as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with problems of a technical nature. In his free time he drives electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with his iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions for current bugs.
The page contains affiliate links / images: Amazon.de