Here you can find episode #008 of the Sir Apfelot Newsreel Podcasts, which covers the news of calendar week 19/2023. This week we look at topics like Apple's growth strategies in emerging markets, the anti-tracker app AirGuard and the new Apple Music Classical Guide. We take a look at mobile production tools like Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro on the iPad, present recommended apps, test the Fifine A6V USB microphone and explore the possibilities of AI-assisted image optimization with Upscayl.
Our newsreel covers a variety of current topics, from a dead e-ink display to Niantic's new AR hit Peridot to current Apple issues and rumors of upcoming products. We also celebrate the 25th anniversary of the first iMac and take a look at the background of the returns scam.
Listen in to find out all the details!
Chapter in this post:
Content of this podcast episode
New blog posts this week
- Emerging markets to save Apple's growth
- AirGuard for iOS and Android - Uni-App anticipates industry standard against tracker stalking
- Apple Music Classical manual available in German (incl. download workaround)
- Mobile film and music production: Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro on the iPad
- 5 app recommendations in May 2023
- On test: Fifine A6V USB microphone compared to Audio-Technica and Røde
- Upscayl - Enlarge and sharpen photos with AI
- Apple and Steve Jobs easter eggs in current macOS versions
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Playable today!
- E-ink display that works without a power supply
- Peridot - Niantic releases next AR hit for the walk
- Technology in 2023: Your office chair is not compatible with your monitor
- Apple issues: iCloud sign-in, Mail, Weather, and Payments
- According to former Apple employees, AI wearables are set to replace smartphones
- The 25th birthday of the first Apple iMac
- iPhone 15 Pro Max rumors, iOS 17, iPhone 16 Pro and Apple Watch Series 9
- Concepts that are conceivable but do not have "rumor" status
- Refund scam: Ctrl_F shows the background of the return fraud
- click here for the newsreel blog post
Music of pond5
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He acts as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with technical problems. In his spare time he rides electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with the iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions to current bugs.