In the latest Sir Apfelot newsreel podcast episode you meet the iPad Air (1st gen) and Thunderbolt Display, which are now considered “obsolete”, and the iPad (5th gen), which is classified as “vintage”. It is also about the xade nano iPhone colorimeter and microscope and the return of the "Digital Euro" scam by the Federal Ministry of Finance.
There is also something to celebrate - the 5th anniversary of the Sir Apfelot App. We are also presenting the three winners of the Swift Student Challenge at the WWDC23 . Setapp offers a family subscription with 240+ apps for $19,99 per month. GOYO, a free VST plugin for voice isolation in audio recordings, is unveiled, and starting Monday, Apple is accepting 2022 Mac models for the trade-in program. Finally, we present the 32 finalist apps from the 2023 Apple Design Awards.
In the newsreel of week 22/2023 we discuss the confusion surrounding the top-level domain .zip, the final report on the “Sector investigation into online advertising” by the Federal Cartel Office and a human rights discussion about brain implant removal. Also covered are Maker projects involving IKEA products, iMessage's Contact Key Verification security technology, and Apple's termination of My Photo Stream. Listen in to find out all the details!
Chapter in this post:
Content of this podcast episode
New blog posts this week
- iPad Air (1st Gen) and Thunderbolt Display are obsolete, iPad (5th Gen) is vintage
- In the test: xade nano iPhone colorimeter and microscope
- Caution: Federal Ministry of Finance scam "Digital Euro" is entering the next round!
- Another anniversary: 5 years Sir Apfelot App!
- Apple announces three winners of the WWDC23 Swift Student Challenge
- Setapp Family Plan: 240+ apps for four people just $19,99/month
- GOYO: free VST plugin for voice isolation in audio recordings
- Apple Trade In: Starting Monday, 2022 Mac models will be accepted
- Apple Design Awards 2023 – The 32 finalist apps under the magnifying glass!
- Top-level domain .zip - Confusion about archive format encourages fraud
- Final report on the “Online Advertising Sector Investigation” by the Federal Cartel Office
- Cyberpunk meets reality: Brain implant removal fuels human rights debate
- Maker projects with IKEA products
- Contact Key Verification – Apple appears to be implementing new iMessage security technology
- My Photo Stream is over - Apple is ending 12-year-old iCloud service
- Last rumors before WWDC23-Keynote am montag
- Apple Lisa: The Verge unearths an interesting part of the company's history
- click here for the newsreel blog post
Music of pond5
Do you like our podcast?
Then we look forward to your rating on Apple Podcasts, Thank you!
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He acts as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with technical problems. In his spare time he rides electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with the iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions to current bugs.