The last time I had the problem that my AirPods Pro could be connected to the Mac, but then no audio played. The problem had already been announced for a few days, as the audio output was repeatedly switched to a low quality and there were scratchy noises in the playback. Instead of a hardware defect that would probably have made Apple replace the AirPods Pro, it was just a software error. A reset brought the solution. Here you can find the instructions for resetting the AirPods Pro.
Chapter in this post:
Reset Apple AirPods Pro: Here's how!
You may have to reset the Apple AirPods Pro if there are connection problems, no connection at all, the headphones fail to charge or there is another malfunction. For me it was, as described, the lack of audio playback despite a successful connection to the Mac. And this is how I went about performing the AirPods Pro reset:
- Put AirPods in the charging case and close the lid for 30 seconds
- Open the lid of the charging case, but leave the AirPods in it
- On the iPhone, iPad or similar, select "Ignore this device" in the Bluetooth settings
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case for 15 seconds (status display should flash yellow)
- Bring the AirPods close to the iPhone or similar and reconnect the devices
In finding this solution I got the Apple support document HT209463 helped. There is also a note that you have to tap the info symbol (the small "i") in the list of Bluetooth devices in order to get to the "Ignore this device" option.
Tip: What you can do if you ever lose your AirPods Pro case, you can here in the article ...
Apple AirPods reset - settings will be lost!
It is also important to know that the settings that you may have made for your AirPods (Pro) will be lost as a result of the reset. However, if your customizations are reset by the AirPods Pro reset, you can turn them back on in the iPhone or iPad settings. Further instructions and assistance for the Bluetooth headphones Cupertino you get here:
- Update and check the AirPods Pro firmware
- Try Spatial Audio / 3D Audio with the AirPods Pro: Here's how!
- Use Apple AirPods individually - how and why?
With Lynne, a graphic artist and designer has joined the team who contributes articles on the topics of homepage, web development and Photoshop. YouTube has recently become one of her areas of activity. Lynne is (unintentionally) very good at generating error messages and thus ensures a steady influx of problem-solving articles, which repeatedly make the Sir Apfelot blog a popular contact point for Mac users.