I have to admit that I am quite new to the use of [Siri-> siri] - even though I have had a device that supports Siri for a long time. The reason for this is that my iPhone 5 had some flaw with the mic or the mic sharing so Siri just never heard anything. At some point I gave up looking for the problem and only recently came up with the idea of using Siri again with the iPhone 6. I have to say: It's actually going quite well and meanwhile I don't want to be without the little lady in the iPhone anymore!
Susan Bennett gave Siri her voice in 2005 and didn't even know what all the voice recordings were for (image from CNN interview).
Who the hell is Siri ???
There is a report from CNN from 2011. It is called "I'm the original voice of SiriYou can read it through if you don't know Siri. However, it is about the English Siri voice and not the German one, because Siri got it from Heike Hagen Spiegel Online - even with some audio samples.
In the CNN interview with Susan Bennett linked above, one also learns that she had to record 2005 hours of clauses and words every day for a whole month in 4. At the time, however, she didn't even know what all this audition would be used for. Today she can talk to herself very well! I hope she has no tendency towards schizophrenia ... ;-)
How do you activate the voice assistant in the iPhone?
There are several ways to do this: Either you press the home button for 1-2 seconds or you have connected the iPhone to a charging cable and shout "Hey Siri!". In both cases, Siri should beep and say "How can I help?" report and then wait for commands or questions.
What commands and questions does Siri take?
There are many things that Siri can apply to the iPhone. My most common usage is "set the timer for 10 minutes!". But a few other commands work like the following:
- How will be the weather?
- Take me Home! - Siri starts the Apple Maps app and selects the registered home address as the destination.
- Set the alarm for 6:30 a.m.
- Set the timer for 25 minutes.
- Throw a dice. - A random number between 1 and 6 is returned.
- Roll a twelve-sided dice. - A random number between 1 and 12 comes out.
- Flip a coin. - Heads or tails are randomly answered as an answer.
- What's going on in the cinema?
- Play AC / DC! - Or a band of your choice. ;-)
- Call my mom! - The prerequisite is that you have defined who mum is in the address book (only works on the iPhone, not on the Mac!) In your own contact under the item "Add associated names".
- Dial 0049 ... - Siri dials the number ...
- Call NAME. - If the name is in the address book, Siri will dial the number.
- Set up a meeting with Steve at 9:30 a.m. - Siri puts the date on the calendar.
- Where's Max Mustermann? - If you have Max Mustermann in "Find my Friends", Siri shows you a map with the place name and distance.
- When is my next appointment? - The next appointment is read out in the iPhone calendar.
- When is Max Mustermann's birthday? - Siri is looking for the person's birthday from the address book.
- Move my appointment from 9 a.m. to 13 p.m.
- What time is it? - Self-explanatory ...
- What time is it in Rio?
- How is the Dax?
- Show me Apple's share price
- Answer "I'll be home early today!" - Can be used when you want to reply to a message (SMS, iMessage or Mail) ... you can freely choose the text.
- Remind me to reinstall Windows. - Creates a reminder with the appropriate text.
- Remind me "forgot key" when I leave the house. - Creates a reminder with a GPS fence. If you leave the current location, it pops up.
- How windy is it right now? - Indicates the current wind speed (average).
- Will it rain tomorrow?
- Send an email to mom.
- Play rock.
- Start Evernote.
- Play. - Plays music.
- Break. - Pauses the music playback.
- Skip. - Skip the current song.
- Play jogging playlist. - Plays the jogging playlist.
- What is "Sir Apfelot". - Usually starts a web search for the term "Sir Apfelot". Also works with other terms.
- Search Wikipedia for "red wine". - Searches for the term "red wine" on Wikipedia.de.
Funny Siri commands
Actually, most of the jokes are only possible with the English Siri, since there is simply more refined on Siri. However, there are also a few funny commands that also work with the German Siri. I left out the answers because on the one hand they have several variants and on the other hand the joke would be gone if you didn't try it yourself!
- Tell me a joke!
- I love you siri
- What is the meaning of life?
- Ich thousand mude.
- Test 1, 2, 3 ...
- What's the best computer in the world?
- Beam me up!
- What's the best cell phone?
- Tell me a story.
- Why I'm here?
- Mac or PC?
- Do you like samsung
- What does the Fox say?
- Do you like football?
- I have a dog.
- Who will win the DFB Cup?
- Call me old robber!
- What are you wearing?
- You're funny!
- You're sexy!
- Fucking cell phone
- What is your favorite color?
- Fisher's Fritz is fishing fresh fishes.
- Knock Knock.
- I drank too much alcohol.
- What are you doing this evening?
Certainly the list is far from complete, but the article can also be updated. So if you still know funny questions and funny answers from Siri or know a very practical command that you should definitely record, then leave a comment!
Bye - is also an order that Siri understands. ;-)
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He appears as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with problems of a technical nature. In his free time he drives electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with his iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions for current bugs.