It starts again. Christmas is just around the corner and the annual gift roulette begins again. And with it the helplessness of many who are looking for a suitable gift for their partner, family or circle of friends. Or you are looking for a gift that can be added to your own wish list. Well, if it's a gift or a wish for chilblains, the Stoov heating pads could be the right choice. They are the right gift for anyone who likes it cozy and warm and/or who often struggles with unpleasant tension.
Abbreviation: Click here for the Ploov heat cushion from Stoov
Chapter in this post:
The Ploov heat cushion from Stoov
The Ploov pillow is the classic in the company's extensive range, which says it is not only dedicated to the chilblains among us, but also values stylish design and sustainability. You can choose not only between different sizes, but also different colors and materials, which makes individual adjustment possible. The complete overview is available e.g. B. in Stoov store on Amazon.
Depending on your taste or in harmony with the furnishings, the Ploov can be adapted to the intended location and proves to be not only practical but also efficient. I think it's good to know that individual covers can be easily reordered, so you don't have to worry about buying a new set if you no longer like the old design or buy a new couch in a different color.
No products found.
- Stoov Ploov Knitting is a decorative heating pad with an integrated infrared heating element of 12W that allows you to...
- Our romantic knit is knitted from a soft cotton blend (cotton, acrylic). The...
- You can simply wash the pillowcase in the washing machine. Do it at a temperature of up to 30°C
- Stoov Ploov Velvet Heating Pad is a wireless heating pad with infrared technology and rechargeable battery. With a...
- Our velvet fabric is very soft and has a comfortable pile height. Despite its...
- Hand wash the pillowcase. Do not use bleach or chemicals. Iron or dry the...
The most important data at a glance
- Three heating levels for 32°C, 37°C or 42°C
- Standard battery with 2.600 mAh ensures up to 5 hours of pleasant warmth
- Optional 4.500 mAh battery provides up to 9 hours of feel-good warmth
- Can be charged and used at the same time
- Overheating protection with automatic switch-off if temperatures are too high
Commissioning the Stoov Ploov cushion
The individual combinations and adjustments that can be made when ordering the Ploov pillow ensure that it is not delivered completely assembled. After unpacking, you first have to take a little time to study the instructions, connect the battery, get the cover over the pillow and the like.
Getting the inner cushion into the cover is difficult at first because it seems far too small. Patience is required, and a clear tip from me: plan some time and a calming tea. Aside from the manual and charging cable, the scope of delivery also includes the infrared heat mat and a lithium-ion battery. Once the good piece is assembled and loaded, you can get started.
Regarding the bad reviews: It's a heat pillow and not a pillow!
When recommending the Stoov Ploov, I am referring to the fact that my best friend is completely convinced of the heating pad and that it is standard equipment for her when she spends time on the couch. She also points out that some people who leave bad reviews on Amazon fundamentally misunderstand the product. It is not a pillow that is intended to be soft and adjustable to provide comfortable padding.
Rather, it is a heating pad that is designed to be placed on the stomach or back to warm and/or relieve tension. The initial strength and rigidity decreases over the course of regular and proper use. Then the pillow is a little more malleable and better suited to the individual body shape - but still a heat pillow that is intended to warm and not cushion.
Small alternative: Stoov Homey (also suitable for on the go)
If you don't want to use a large heating pad, you may prefer a smaller hot water bottle. But for this, in the classic sense, water must first be boiled and then filled in. This is not only difficult in the event of illness, but is also dangerous for children and impossible when traveling. If you still don't want to miss out on the advantages of a hot water bottle, you can get the Homey heat cushion from Stoov, which is offered in the shape of a hot water bottle.
The Stoov Homey heat pad measures just 20 x 25 cm and fits in your backpack, handbag and glove compartment. With the standard battery, the hot water bottle alternative provides up to 3 hours of feel-good warmth. It also has an automatic switch-off function when temperatures are too high to prevent overheating. Another comment on Amazon reviews: Of course, the Homey doesn't get as warm as a classic hot water bottle - it also contains at least 50°C hotter water...
No products found.
Conclusion on Stoov’s heat pad offering
In summary and taking into account the information that I have received first hand about the product, one can say that it is a really worthwhile purchase and does what it promises. “It is pleasantly warm, easy to use and is a really faithful companion when you have tension or strains“ was confirmed to me about the usefulness of the Ploov pillow. You can also order it in several sizes and with covers made of different materials in individual colors. In addition to the large Ploov and the small Homey, you can also find this in the Stoov store One seat cushion, the Big Hug lounger pad and Woov dog pillow.
- Stoov Big Hug Original heated blanket is a wireless heated blanket with infrared technology and rechargeable battery. With...
- Our original covers are made from a mix of 80% polyester and 20% acrylic. The original fabric has a...
- You can simply wash the pillowcase in the washing machine. Do it at a maximum temperature of 40 ̊C
- Stoov Woov Outdoor is a wireless infrared heating pad for your pet. With two heating elements for a complete...
- Our outdoor covers are made from 100% olefin. This fabric is colourfast and water and dirt repellent....
- You can easily wash the removable outer cover in the washing machine. Washable at a maximum of 40 °C. Use...
After graduating from high school, Johannes completed an apprenticeship as a business assistant specializing in foreign languages. But then he decided to research and write, which resulted in his independence. For several years he has been working for Sir Apfelot, among others. His articles include product introductions, news, manuals, video games, consoles, and more. He follows Apple keynotes live via stream.
The page contains affiliate links / images: Amazon.de