Recently, Apple changed its internal billing so that instead of the mandatory monthly Apple Music subscription (for normal mortals 9,99 EUR per month) you can switch to an annual subscription. For the annual subscription, Apple offers a price of 99 EUR, so that you save the costs for about 2 months if you pay annually.
Apple Music is Apple's music streaming service, which is usually billed on a monthly basis (Image: Apple.com).
For me that was reason enough to use the annual payment in the future, because I am not a big fan of short billing intervals if I book a service on a permanent basis anyway. And I can't get out of Apple Music because my children constantly want to hear radio plays about the three question marks. ;-)
Instructions for switching on the Mac
How to switch to the annual subscription with Apple Music, I have briefly summarized for you here with screenshots and a small explanation. It worked flawlessly for me, so there's no reason why it shouldn't work this way for you too. The only important thing is that I use my Mac. If you want to change it on the iPhone or iPad, it will probably work in a similar way, but certainly with a few small changes.
- Opens iTunes on the Mac.
- Click there on the area "For You" and there on the top right on the circle and select the menu item "Account information".
- Now you enter your password and scroll down until you have landed in the "Settings" area.
- There is the item "Subscriptions" followed by a number that indicates how many subscriptions you have had or still have in total.
- Click on the "Manage" link under "Subscriptions" and you will find a list in which "Apple Music" should also be listed.
- The individual subscription options such as annual or monthly subscriptions are listed under "Apple Music". Click there on the "annual subscription" (you will then be asked for the password of the Apple ID again).
- Now click on "Done" at the bottom of the page and the new accounting settings are active. However, they are only displayed as an "annual subscription" when the current billing month has expired. Until then there is still a "monthly subscription".
Instructions as screenshots
Here are the screenshots showing the individual steps:
If you have opened iTunes on your Mac, click on "For You" and then on the gray circle behind which your profile is hidden. There you select the sub-item "Account information".
If you are in the Apple ID management, look for the "Settings" area and find the "Subscriptions" there, which you can view on the right using the "Manage" link.
Apple Music can also be found in the list of subscriptions. Here you click on "Edit" on the right to see the further details.
If you have called up the Apple Music subscription in the detailed view, iTunes provides various billing options. Among other things, the "annual subscription", which we now click on and then confirm by entering the Apple ID password.
I hope the instructions help you with the changeover with your Apple ID. If you have any problems or additions, please leave them here as a comment!
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He appears as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with problems of a technical nature. In his free time he drives electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with his iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions for current bugs.