Chapter in this post:
- 1 Preview and monitor recommendation for the Apple Mac
- 2 The best 4K monitor for many users - HP Z27
- 3 27-inch model without 4K for older computers - HP Z27n G2
- 4 Cheaper and smaller for little space - Dell UltraSharp U2415
- 5 Cheapest solution with 23 inches and 1080p - Asus VC239H
- 6 32 inch monitor with 4K and KVM - BenQ PD3200U
- 7 Large monitor for multitasking - Acer XR342CK
- 8 monitor for NVIDIA graphics / G-Sync - Asus ROG Swift
- 9 Monitor for AMD graphics / FreeSync - Samsung CHG70 / LC32HG70QQUXEN
- 10 Conclusion: The best monitor for everyone in 2019
Who for the recently held WWDC 2019 keynote was hoping for the presentation of new monitors or displays for the Apple Mac, was unfortunately disappointed. Apart from a graphic beast for financially strong pro users, there was nothing new in this regard. That's why I went looking for those of you who want to buy an (additional) display for the Mac, iMac, Mac mini, MacBook or Windows PC. I stumbled upon an interesting post with a monitor test from May 2019, which I would like to summarize for you here: The best monitors 2019 in the test by Wirecutter.com.
Preview and monitor recommendation for the Apple Mac
Im Post Wirecutter, an English-language technology website for the New York Times, is offering 4K monitors, 27-inch and 24-inch models without 4K, an inexpensive alternative with 1080p HD resolution, a large 32-inch solution, gaming Monitors for NVIDIA and AMD users and others presented. Before I get to that, here is my personal recommendation from everyday life and thus from a Mac monitor test at first hand: LG 34-inch ultra-wide screen. The widescreen display from LG has a response time of 1 ms, is equally useful for office, creative and gaming tasks and, in addition to its own split screen function, also offers numerous useful connections. Well worth the money!
The best 4K monitor for many users - HP Z27
Without looking specifically at a target group, the HP Z27 can be recommended as a usable display with high resolution. The screen with 27 inches diagonal and 4K image resolution offers the best conditions for taking advantage of the graphics capabilities of new computers. Whether a Mac with macOS or a PC with Windows - a higher display resolution is always good so that not only games, but also text, photos, videos and the like are clearly displayed. Thin edges, a flexible stand, good color fidelity and multiple connections make the HP Z27 with 5 ms response time a good all-purpose machine.
- HP Z monitors offer high-resolution, true-color images for creative minds
- Resolution: 4K UHD (3840x2160); Screen diagonal 27 inches
- Incredible 4K clarity for maximum productivity
27-inch model without 4K for older computers - HP Z27n G2
If you have an older Mac or would like to settle for 2.560 x 1.440 pixels QHD resolution for a few euros less, then the HP Z27n G2 might be something for you. Here, too, different user groups get their money's worth and can benefit from a slim design with flexible installation. Wirecutter recommends changing the color settings from the sRGB factory setting to neutral. Then you can HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI and USB-C connect different Mac or PC models. In addition, he brings HP Z27n G2 Monitor three USB 3.0 ports with type A design with.
- HP Z monitors offer high-resolution, true-color images for creative minds
- Resolution: QHD (2,560 x 1,440); Screen diagonal 27 inches
- Incredible clarity and brilliance for maximum productivity
Cheaper and smaller for little space - Dell UltraSharp U2415
Your desk or workplace does not have enough space for the monitors listed above? Then maybe a 24-inch model is right for you. Such a display is still much larger than a laptop screen, but more space-saving than a 34 inch widescreen or a 27 inch. The Dell UltraSharp U2415 has "only" a Full HD resolution of 1.920 x 1.080 pixels, but according to Wirecutter it has very good color settings that are also sufficient for professional use. So if you're just getting started creatively and need a cheaper computer monitor, then this is it Dell UltraSharp U2415 with 8 ms maybe the best for you guys.
- 24,1 inch screen size
- 1920 1200 x pixels
- 8 ms response time
The cheapest solution with 23 inches and 1080p - Asus VC239H
The Asus VC239H is a Full HD resolution LCD monitor with VGA, HDMI and DVI connections. The 2015 device may not be the most modern solution for a Mac or PC in 2019, but it is something for the small dollar. If you are looking for a cheap but good Mac monitor for all kinds of applications, you should take a look. On the Amazon product page you will also find the choice between 23 "and 27". The large edition also costs comparatively little and is therefore a good alternative to the models mentioned above. According to Wirecutter, it is not suitable for the creation of print products because the display is not completely color-fast.
- Type: LCD / AH-IPS monitor with 68,6 cm (27 inch) screen diagonal
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD)
- Connections: 1x VGA, 1x DVI, 1x HDMI / MHL Advanced eye care features with blue light filter and ...
32 inch monitor with 4K and KVM - BenQ PD3200U
This 32-inch display with UHD resolution and different color and picture modes is a great solution for different user groups. Individual calibration is required for professional image processing. In addition to many connection options, according to Wirecutter, the BenQ PD3200U has an extra that the other models don't have: KVM. That stands for keyboard, video and mouse; and means that you can connect two computers to the monitor and operate them with the same keyboard / mouse. According to the Amazon product page the monitor is ideal for graphic artists, designers and animation creators, and it can be aligned vertically on the stand.
- Aqcolor technology: Factory-calibrated 100 percent sRGB and Rec.709 color space with precise colors for creative ...
- Dualview function: Work in two modes such as sRGB and Darkroom mode without using two screens
- Darkroom, CAD and CAM and Animation Display Mode: Revolutionary modes bring out the details of complicated designs
Large monitor for multitasking - Acer XR342CK
According to the monitor test published on May 3, 2019, this is the best ultrawide monitor for those who need a lot of space and don't want the edges of two or three monitors in their field of view. That too Acer Predator called XR342CK is also offered on the linked Amazon product page as a 37,5-inch model and with and without HDR-ready. It is also available with a USB-C connection. Of all the test models, this is said to have been the best ultrawide monitor in terms of color fidelity. For gamers, the compatibility with NVIDIA and AMD is equally emphasized.
- 34 inch curved 21: 9 ultrawide QHD monitor in zero frame design
- IPS technology and 100% sRGB color gamut; Powerful DTS sound with two 7W speakers; High-speed connectivity, ...
- Powerful productivity, picture-by-picture (PBP), picture-in-picture (PIP) and multi-monitor function via daisy ...
Monitor for NVIDIA graphics / G-Sync - Asus ROG Swift
The Asus ROG Swift offers 165 Hz, 1 ms response time and G-Sync technology, which is compatible with NVIDIA graphics cards and G-Force. In the monitor test for 2019, the 2016 model came off as the best solution. The 27 inch WQHD display with 2.560 x 1.440 pixels resolution offers connections for DisplayPort, HDMI, USB-A 3.0 and headphones. It is height adjustable and can be rotated 90 ° into portrait format. The inclination is also adjustable. Further information, pictures, customer reviews as well as customer questions and answers can be found on the Amazon product page.
- More information and tips on gaming monitors can be found here: amazon.de/b/ref=sr_aj?node=14167137031
- 165Hz, 1ms response time, G-Sync technology
- Ultra Low Blue Light, Flicker Free, GamePlus, GameVisual
Monitor for AMD graphics / FreeSync - Samsung CHG70 / LC32HG70QQUXEN
Anyone who has installed an AMD graphics card in their gaming PC should rather consider this model. The Samsung CHG70 hides the inch size after the C in the various models, so it is called C32HG70 for a 32 inch device. Alternatively there is the designation LC32HG70QQUXEN. Behind it is a curved QLED display with HDR graphics, 1 ms response time / latency and 144 Hz refresh rate. The resolution is 2.560 x 1.400 pixels and there are also many connection options. A 90 ° turn is possible. FreeSync for AMD graphics cards is possible from 80 Hz to 120 Hz. There are all details and pictures on the Amazon page of the article.
Conclusion: the best monitor in 2019 for everyone
With the monitor test for 2019, the trade magazine of the New York Times presented a few great models. From the great multitasking talent to the smaller, inexpensive model for the small wallet, everything is included. For gamers, there is also a specific distinction between GPU manufacturers, so that everyone can best use the corresponding technology for PC gaming. I hope that the German summary of the results was able to help you with your purchase decision. If you still have tips and hints as well as useful devices up your sleeve, please leave a comment;)
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He appears as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with problems of a technical nature. In his free time he drives electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with his iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions for current bugs.
Did you like the article and did the instructions on the blog help you? Then I would be happy if you the blog via a Steady Membership or at Patreon would support.
The page contains affiliate links / images: Amazon.de